Monday, November 9, 2009

Words of Wisdom

"You are only measured by what you give."
"You can only give what you have."

These are gems of wisdom delivered by Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser at his leadership training seminars for high school band students. i have repeated it many times over the years when i was a teacher and now i am going to take my dispensed advice.

This past weekend i had a type of meltdown with my feelings of being overwhelmed at work now that Mistress is no longer there to help. This all culminated with a harsh awakening of my neglected responsibilities at home and to Mistress. The past few months have been difficult trying to adjust to the new work situation and maintaining my servitude to Mistress. i very much desire to submit to Her but at the end of the day there is "nothing left in the tank".

This is where the opening phrase comes into play. i have discovered that i cannot submit(give) to Mistress if i have given all i had all day long. Of course there are many ways to "put more in the tank"(i.e.-go to bed earlier, eat better, etc.) and both of those will be helping me to better provide for Her in the upcoming week. But adjusting and guarding my energy levels throughout the day should also allow me to be active at the end of the day.

It is really amazing how a loving, caring, and sympathetic Domme can make all the difference in the world. She made me feel so much better by listening to my problems and not making me feel bad about myself as a person because of it. For that, i am very fortunate.

So i start this week anew with vigor and a new outlook. All in effort to be a better person, business owner, father, husband, and most importantly:submissive.


2 comments:

  1. A good Domme is a caring one. Lucky you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you both-please let us know if we can help at all. There is an ebb and flow to all things; sometimes it is good to take a pause, and renew.

    D&a

    ReplyDelete